The harmful behaviors that children use to cover or express their discomfort are so integrated that a more complete and intensive treatment is necessary to deal with them.
The Day Hospital is the resource that allows them through group therapies, individual therapies, therapeutic workshops, visits with psychiatry, food reeducation and family therapies, to obtain the necessary resources to make a healthy life, without the need to use behaviors toxic that harms them in their day to day.
We are a center specialized in the mental health of adolescents. With more than 10 years of experience, we help young people with eating disorders, behavior disorders, addiction to new technologies, addiction to toxic substances, and many other difficulties that arise in a time of changes as delicate as it’s adolescence.
Through a multidisciplinary therapy model, we make an integral approach, in the personal and individual, social and family of the adolescent, because we know that all these aspects directly influence their well-being.
110/5000 AGREEMENT WITH THE SCHOOL INSURANCE TO SUBSIDIZE THE TREATMENT IN UNDER-28S.
60 places available
In the Day Hospital Desconect@ the patient is not a number, is a member of our house and we take care of him through a high level of demand and a lot of love.
Desconect@ was created in 2012, by those times society was not yet alarmed by the current problem: we spent too much time with the mobile in our hands and we dedicate them too much time.
They manifest with problems in the self-control of behavior and emotions, violating the rights of others and can lead the adolescent to major conflicts with the norms of society or with authority figures.
A fundamental characteristic of substance dependence is the appearance of a series of behavioral, cognitive and physiological symptoms that indicate that the patient continues to consume the toxic substance despite the appearance of significant problems related to it.
One of the most important and significant areas for adolescents is their family. There they learn to relate and to communicate.
Family therapy is the space in which a family or some of its members meet, with the direct supervision of a therapist to help resolve emotional/psychological disorders that have some of the components of this.
The whole family benefits from these sessions, because they treat individual and group problems.
- Therapeutic objectives:
- Family communication
- Family empathy
- Relations between members
- Rules and limits
Regarding the eating disorder, we believe that the objective does not only happen by the stabilization of the weight, nor the normalization of the alimentary behavior; we also have to work on patients’ awareness of illness and all those elements that make it stay, that is why we encompass all areas of their lives.
In reference to the other problems with which we find ourselves, we also work with the patient’s conscience, so that he can make significant changes, and that he can relate to his environment from health, understanding also, what are those factors that maintain his disruptive behavior .
The group is a fundamental part of the treatment.
In this healthy bonds are created, respect is worked, companionship, shame, social relations.
METHODOLOGY IN GROUP THERAPIES
Group therapies are done in small groups. Topics that concern patients every day are addressed, setting goals and thus getting them to commit to the change.
We focus on something different in our group therapies and it is the concept of mutual help, so you learn to help others while you feel helped. Thus, we managed to promote such important aspects as empathy, patience, active listening, tolerance.
In the treatment, we work at the individual, family and social level; and consists of three phases:
- 1st phase: in Day Hospital, aimed at eliminating all those pathological behaviors that the patient carries out to manage their discomfort (restriction of food, vomiting, impulsive behaviors, hyperactivity), while achieving a weight recovery, if necessary. It also works awareness of disease and the role that it fulfills.
- 2nd phase: at Day Hospital, aimed at working exhaustively on emotional and cognitive aspects (which have begun to work on the 1st phase), thus recovering self-esteem and self-confidence, and building a healthy self-identity.
- 3rd phase: on an outpatient basis, aimed at working on the difficulties that arise for the patient when he / she makes a fully normalized life, and relapse prevention.
Day Hospital Desconect@ is located in the center of Barcelona, is aimed at all patients who need comprehensive help, with direct control and supervision, due to the symptoms they present.
With this type of treatment, the patient can go to school or work if necessary.
The treatment is completely individualized, because depending on the needs of each one, you must go to the hospital on a full-time or partial day (morning or afternoon), all week or only a few days.
PARTIAL or TOTAL Day Hospital
Hospital Day Schedule from Monday to Friday from 10 am to 7 pm in morning and afternoon shifts.
- Psychiatric treatment – Weekly visits with the reference doctor
- Outpatient therapy – Daily individual therapy with the reference therapist
- Group therapy – Daily group therapy with the therapist and peer group of reference
- Hospital admission external unit – CITA clinics
- Dining room – Food service with own kitchen
- Mindfulness and Relaxation – Relaxation and sports treatment in the area directed by professionals and therapists
- Workshops – Workshops on sexuality, self-esteem, social skills, self-concept, etc.
- EXTERNAL CONSULTATIONS – Aimed at patients who need external treatment, based on a regular outpatient visit
- The latest studies conclude that 5% of the Spanish population between 12 and 21 years of age suffers from a disorder of eating behavior (according to ACAB-Association Against Anorexia and Bulimia)
- 9 out of 10 cases are women.
- Only between 5-10% of those affected are men (prevalence of bulimia).
- The milder forms within the TCA spectrum have a prevalence between 11-16%.
- The age of onset of Anorexia Nervosa is between 13 and 18 years. There are more and more cases in pre-pubic girls and in adult women.
- The age of onset in Bulimia is usually between 18 and 25 years.
- 78% of adolescents who come to consult with problems of overweight and obesity due to school stress, insecurity, interpersonal problems and depression.
- 66% of the population sleeps with the phone switched on in the room.
Teenagers check their phone every 7 minutes
- 97% of the population believes that the current society abuses the mobile phone
- 92% of adolescents say they have felt ignored at some time by their parents to be more aware of the mobile phone.
- 75% of adults use their mobile phones when they are with their friends or family.