ESO AND BACCALAUREATE with therapeutic support
Desconect@ is the first school that offers classes of a maximum of 6 students and who constantly works with teachers, psychologists and pedagogues in the classroom . An academic training that allows any student to study ESO and official and regulated baccalaureate in a tutored and individualized way..
Benefits Colegio Desconect@
The Desconect@ school is the option for all those students who do not feel capable or who have difficulties. We bring out their maximum potential and they respond with their best result.
- Regulated training ESO and Baccalaureate.
- Classes of maximum 6 students.
- University professors with C.A.P.
- Native teachers for foreign languages.
- Psychologists and educational psychologists in the classroom.
- Weekly academic and emotional situation reports.
- Weekly coordination meetings.
- Teaching through freedom.
- Awareness of the importance of training.
- Stable, motivating and ambitious future.
- Guidance upon completion for higher studies.
- The academic plan is carried out by the educational psychologist of the center together with the coordination of the collaborating centers, in order to prepare the contents for each student in an individual and personalized way.
- The contents that we receive from the collaborating centers are previously prepared according to the academic needs of our students and making individualized plans in the subjects that present the most difficulties.
- In addition to an accompaniment for their future outside the Desconect@ school, the center looks for the best option or educational opportunity for them, university, higher cycles or the world of work.
- Positive academic and emotional situation feedback.
Establish guidelines and limits in the life of the student.
- Awareness of the effort to achieve new goals.
- Establish study and work routines.
- Acquire new study techniques.
- Promote good group dynamics in the class group.
- Respect and freedom as the basis of education.
What learning methodology do we use?
Students receive a total education through individualization. Each student has 7 teachers available and the faculty never works with more than 6 students at a time. Likewise, the students are always accompanied by therapists, psychologists and educational psychologists to be able to work on their difficulties, frustrations and limits on a day-to-day basis. In addition to valuing the purely academic, we must take into account that behavior, conduct and acceptance of limits improves enormously.
And will my son learn?
The Desconect@ school works. The privilege of being able to have 1 teacher for every 3 students means that young people receive active, constant training away from distractions. The Desconect@ school has been active for 10 school years. Of the more than 300 students we have trained, all of them have achieved their goal: to learn.
How will we parents know how our child is progressing?
Every Friday we deliver a detailed report to parents via mail. What has been the behavior and weekly performance, homework for the weekend, pending work and the evolution in the different subjects. The close relationship between the family and the therapeutic team is fundamental for a desired emotional and academic result.
At the Desconect@ school we have different classrooms. All of them enjoy a total absence of distractions and space focused on the impossibility of disconnecting from the class. We work with books, paper and pen. At the same time, the students have two weekly classes on technological skills. The duration of the classes is 55 minutes, always having a break between each of the classes to improve learning.
Our students do not have a computer or tablets in the classroom. They work with paper, pen, printed documents and books. By projects, in oral presentations and blackboard for debate and master classes.
And the mobile phone?
The mobile phone must be handed in when they arrive at the center and it is returned to them when they leave. What do we get with this measure? In class much more concentration and fewer distractions. At recess, talk to each other more.
- Spain is the second country in the European Union in school failure, with a rate of 19% of young people between 18 and 24 years of age who have left the education system prematurely, having completed at most the first cycle of Secondary Education (ESO) and not having received any type of training in the last month.
- The boys leave the classrooms before the girls. The proportion of school failure is higher among boys (22.7%) than among girls (15.1%), according to Eurostat data.
- Spain has managed to reduce the school dropout rate in the last decade from the 30.3% recorded in 2006 to 19% in 2016, although it is still far from reaching the national goal of lowering it to 15% in 2020, five points less than the target for the whole EU.
- In 2016 alone, the ANAR Foundation (Help for Children and Adolescents at Risk) registered 1,207 real cases of bullying, which represents an increase of 87.7% in the last year and 240% since 2015.
Testimonials families Desconect@ school
Student testimonials Desconect@ school
Marc Masip | Director of Desconect@
Marc Masip is a psychologist and an expert in addiction to New Technologies, in addition to director of Desconect@, with a pioneering program born in 2012 to learn how to make good use of new technologies without damaging our personal relationships and without creating dependencies or addictions.
Impart conferences in schools and institutes of ESO and baccalaureate, in Spain and abroad. Also, organize camps and have one special unit for educate young people who, due to their addiction, cannot attend regulated training.