- The latest studies conclude that 5% of the Spanish population between 12 and 21 years of age suffers from a disorder of eating behavior (according to ACAB-Association Against Anorexia and Bulimia)
- 9 out of 10 cases are women.
- Only between 5-10% of those affected are men (prevalence of bulimia).
- The milder forms within the TCA spectrum have a prevalence between 11-16%.
- The age of onset of Anorexia Nervosa is between 13 and 18 years. There are more and more cases in pre-pubic girls and in adult women.
- The age of onset in Bulimia is usually between 18 and 25 years.
- 78% of adolescents who come to consult with problems of overweight and obesity due to school stress, insecurity, interpersonal problems and depression.
- 66% of the population sleeps with the phone switched on in the room.
- Teenagers check their phone every 7 minutes
- 97% of the population believes that the current society abuses the mobile phone
- 92% of adolescents say they have felt ignored at some time by their parents to be more aware of the mobile phone.
- 75% of adults use their mobile phones when they are with their friends or family.